March 19, 2004Big News! Well sort of.
I've decided to delay the release of my sophomore album, 'An Urbal Remedy,' by three months. It was a difficult decision, but ultimately I feel it is for the best. My reasons for the delay are because my level of stress is quite high, money is tight and I'm behind schedule on my Masters thesis.
Delaying it 3 months will allow me to focus on my thesis, save more money and spread out all this work over an extra 3 months. Nonetheless, the album should be completed by the end of April, but I will wait until September to release the vinyl single followed by the album on November 30, 2004.
The taping for CBC's ZeD TV went great! I can't wait to see footage. I'll let you know when it's airing as soon as I find out. Two songs: 'Shake Ya Caboose' & 'Super Dude'
Super Dude Clothing:
I'm in the process of restocking the black Super Dude t-shirts, so any orders will be delayed until late next week. www.pimptea.com/store.html
* Friday, March 26th - Bugaboo Creek, 422 Queen St, Fredericton, NB
with Sheist, Element Kontrol, DJ Tekstyle, DJ Locdog $5 9:00 pm
* Friday, May 14th - Pimp Tea Birthday Bash
The Capital (upstairs), 362 Queen St, Fredericton, NB
When I tell people I've got a lot on my plate, they often ask what and I usually can't come up with a very impressive list. So I thought I'd give you a rundown of a typical evening at the Brockway Entertainment main offices. Here's a rundown of all the things I can remember doing last night from about 6:30 pm - 2:00 am
* Changed pimpt.com mappings on website to pimptea.com
* Came up with an email plan for when my UNB account terminates (upon graduation).
* I currently use a pine account to store most of my email via UNB. This account will be terminated, so I'm figured out the Outlook Express address book. I had to learn how to set it up to be compatible with CSV export so that when I go on the road, I can import this address book into my pimptea.com Webmail account. Also, set up sort filters for different email addresses
* Processed 3 online orders for Super Dude t-shirts. one XL T-shirt is out of stock.
* Exchanged emails with purchaser about out of stock t-shirt
* Did up an order for 15 more Super Dude black t-shirts via GAP Custom Images
* Updated webpage - shirt sizes out of stock
* Updated accounting for the shirts purchase
* Did up shipping labels, packaging slips, etc for t-shirt purchases
* Talked to Gene Fowler about Super Dude (remix) video
* Unclogged my color ink cartridge
* Did up a VideoFACT grant application package for 'Hick Hop' to send to Jim Morrison at 48Media. Included a modified one-page, demo CDs with labels, lyrics to song, full press kit with photo.
* Taped CSI. Watched CSI - saved 16 minutes by fast forwarding though commercials :)
* My brother visited with new mixes for my album; listened to mixes. Noticed 2 mistakes which need to be fixed. Contacted producer about one error, fixed the other myself.
* Got mp3s from brother (Fixxion) for his website; sent them to JD LeJeune - website designer.
* Processed the mail my brother brought from home.
* Submitted an application to AFB to be added to their 2005 promotion roster
* Processed DJ email @ my newsletter email account; updated any new DJ info in my contact spreadsheet
So there. Not much fun, but running a business is a steady grind. And that's just Pimp Tea stuff :)
Have a great weekend!
Troy aka Pimp Tea.